Saturday, December 8, 2007

Insatiable Interest in International Exchange

by: Jennifer Kumar

Bullet Points of My International Education Inspirations
- 11th and 12th grade met and made friends with international students.
- 12th grade I tried to apply for study abroad to Spain.
- Junior and Senior year of College I learned Hindi, Japanese, Asian History.- Junior and Senior year of College I performed Japanese Cultural Dances.
- Senior year of college I worked for the Global Ambassadors international students mentor program.
- 1998 December made my first trip to India, visiting Chennai, Mahabalipuram, Thirupathi and Mumbai.
- 1998-1999 worked for Harvard Institute for International Development as a project accountant for economic development programs in India and African countries.
- 1999 created a dream team of friends and influential people to provide me the opportunity to be the first American to study at Madras Christian College.
- 1999-2001 was the first and only American to attend and graduate from Madras Christian College, India.
- Active participant in Indian cultural clubs from 2001- present.
- Series of cultural competency trainings on Indian culture at Hillside Children Center 2004-2007.
- Organized two conferences on unifying cross cultural issues attended by over 100 people.- Visited Rajagiri College, India, presenting a talk on Utilizing Indian Social Work Degrees in U.S.
- Performed Indian cultural dance, Thiruvathirakali, in Rochester, New York. (see videos below)
- Volunteer at Nazareth College Center for International Education 2007. (I am the graphic designer of the fall 2007 issue.)
To see more of my career accomplishments, visit my career portfolio.












Study Abroad Resources at Amazon

International Education Resources at Amazon

Search India at Amazon


No comments: